We are proud to support a wide range of overseas missions throughout the year, here is who we support:
Excite Youth Centre (EYC)’s aim is to provide contemporary Christian youth work in a relevant and engaging way. It also provides an exciting environment for young people to be able to invite their friends to a clear and credible presentation of the Gospel. Every other Friday around 100 young people from a wide variety of backgrounds attend this life changing and inspiring event, held in a popular take-away restaurant.
EYC has been running since July 2013, and we are thankful to God for all that he has been doing with it. We are excited to see EYC growing and hope it will continue to be a blessing to more and more young people. We would really appreciate your support in prayer.
JSA is a Christian school providing quality education to underprivileged Tanzanian children as well as serving as a model school for both the Joshua Teachers Training College and teachers from government and private schools.
Joshua School Arusha (JSA) was set up in 2008 in response to the need for a school that models affordable, quality Christian education. Two Kiwis, Alan and Lynda Stephenson, saw the value of a holistic model of education that equips children with the tools needed to be creative and critical thinkers as opposed to a traditional model of rote learning. A values based curriculum has been implemented, giving students tools for life, not just knowledge. Class sizes are smaller than the norm, with a maximum of 30 children enabling teachers to engage with and value each child . Children are taught in English, which is needed for secondary level education. Tanzanian teachers have been trained at the Joshua Teachers Training College by volunteer expatriate teachers, so have seen a different way of teaching which inspires children and lifts achievement levels. Children born into poverty have a better chance of breaking the cycle when they are given these opportunities to succeed.
Maziotela’s vision is threefold:
1. Community Development
– This involves redevelopment of the cashew farm, providing job creation and works skills training.
2. Village Mercy and Education
– Training and resourcing of Mozambiquan teams to care for under nourished babies and mothers, during yearly hunger season.
– Training of Christian teams from village churches to pioneer local Preschools.
3. Church planting / leadership development
– Maziotela Ministries provides monthly intensive Leadership training schools , along with on-going mentoring for village church leaders.
– Specialized Seminars for growth and development of village churches.